- Sun 10 Oct 2021
- 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Lovely Little books with Vivien Lunniss FSSI, FCLAS Sunday 10th October 2021
All being well this workshop will be at our Lower Withington site.
Miniature books, often prayer books, appeared during the Middle Ages, but date from the Babylonians around 1500 BC. They were small so that they could be carried easily and concealed, their size also made them highly personal devotional books.
During the 19th and 20th centuries, almost every type of book was available in miniature, ideal for children’s small hands and charming and delightful to own.
A miniature book should be less than three inches and we will make a variety of these tiny structures through the day.
Usual toolkit plus;
• Knife, scissors, cutting mat
• Ruler (with cutting edge), pencil
• Bone folder/paper creaser
• A3 cartridge paper, about 130 gsm
• Ribbon, beads, coloured thread
• Glue stick
• Double-sided tape
• Decorative paper: (a small pattern is better for small books)
• Bradawl or suitable point for making sewing holes.