- Sat 03 Sep 2022
- 1:00 pm - 4:15 pm
Legende with Janice McClelland Saturday 3rd September online Zoom
THIS WORKSHOP IS A ZOOM EVENT
THIS WORKSHOP IS NOT SUITABLE FOR BEGINNERS
Legende is a typeface designed by Ernst Schneidler (1882-1956) in the 1930s. Schneidler was a calligrapher, illustrator and teacher who studied both architecture and art. He designed typefaces and Legende has been adopted as a calligraphy script and is open to a variety of adaptations.
We’ll start with the basics and cast a calligrapher’s eye over the letters – font analysis! – and use this to guide our own letterforms in a lower-case alphabet.
We’ll then look at the weird and wonderful capital letters and look at some of the possible variations.
Usual toolkit plus;
• Size 2, 3 and 4 Mitchell or Manuscript nib or equivalent Brause/Speedball.
• Pilot Pens are okay to use for this; size 3.8mm and a smaller one if you have one.
• Cartridge paper and usual practice paper
• Gouache or coloured ink (optional)
• a quote, poem, prose or any words you may like to write out.